Friday, July 15, 2011

Personal Statement

Most people on the Earth communicate by using verbal languages.  Graphic design, also known as visual communication, is another kind of language helping us correspond.  Through visual communication, graphic designers also hope to help to make the world a better place.

In the diploma and the BTEC course, I have mastered quite a number of things in designs.  They are the design principals, designing print work and developing my own personal style.  As my style goes on basic and simple, I usually use the basic design elements which forms my identity in design.  Afterwards, I apply them into different applications such as print advertisements.

During these years, I have participated in a number of exhibitions.  They helped me not only to let me show my work but to also let me receive more feedbacks from different people around the world, not only in school.  Through these feedbacks, I know what to improve when I have a chance to design a similar topic last time.

Setting up my own design studio is one of my ambition.  To fulfill it, I have set up a page on facebook and put some products for sale.  This is a bridge of telling people how I feel about this world by putting them into products with different varieties.

Chess is one of my favourite hobbies.  The Macau Chess Association is planning to expand to let people know more about it by setting up a facebook page.  I have volunteered to design a poster for them.  In the future, I will also design a website and organize an exhibition for them.

Through the final year of this bachelor course, I would like to learn more about critical thinking.  In my own perspective, critical thinking is a very important subject graphic design.  We can only make the world a better place by defining problems.  This makes graphic design more constructive.

No comments:

Post a Comment